Friday, August 15, 2008

Big changes ahead

We found out a few days ago that we'll be going through a big change in a couple of weeks. Late Wednesday Jared came into the house and sat down at my computer...I noticed that he was looking at Central Bible College's website, and when I stepped over to my desk to get something (no, I wasn't prying...lol), Jared told me that during youth group, the Lord touched his heart, and while he was talking to our pastor about his future after youth group, he finally broke down in tears. As they prayed, the Lord showed him that instead of working and taking the correspondence course, He wants Him he to go to college, which starts in a little over a week. Jared had been fasting and praying over the last several weeks, seeking the Lord for clear direction for his future, and the Lord was faithful to reveal His plan for Jared's life.

I think the Lord had been preparing me for Jared's news all day long...you know how when you know something important is about to happen, your adrenalin gets pumping, giving you a feeling of anticipation? I literally felt like that all day Wednesday, but couldn't put my finger on why, 'cause as far as I knew, nothing important was "in the works". Well now I know why. lol

I'm sure we will miss Jared desperately, but I have a "knowing" in my heart that this is from the Lord. I haven't shared this with Jared yet, but I had much the same experience between my junior & senior years in college...I was living with my brother in OK and wasn't planning on going back to college, due to no money. I had decided to work for a year and then transfer to a Christian college in the Oklahoma City area to complete a degree in social work, which my previous college didn't offer.

The weekend right before school started I drove back to school to hear a beginning-of-the-school-year concert given by their traveling worship team. The Lord touched my heart during the concert, and while talking to my music professors after the concert I broke down in tears. At that point I *knew* the Lord wanted me to stay and complete my music degree.

I drove back to OK and fought against it for a few days, because I couldn't figure out HOW I would pay for it, but He wouldn't give me any peace until I called my professor and asked him if I could resume my studies in the music dept. He not only promised me a job as his secretary in the music dept, he promised me a spot on the traveling worship team as well, which had always been my dream.

I still couldn't see how I would be able to afford tuition, but as I stepped out in faith, the Lord worked out all the details, and the rest is history. And while I have no earthly idea how Jared will pay for college (nearly $20,000/yr), I am confident that as he steps out in faith, the Lord will once again work out all the details.

No comments: