Friday, April 11, 2008

Small praises

Thank you so much for your prayers for my mom and family! Yesterday went so much better than Wednesday, when I felt so frazzled and up to my gills with "stuff" to do that I almost lost my sanity. My brother Rick, his wife, and one of their married daughters & grandbaby met me in the hospice home's parlor before lunch yesterday to discuss Mom's funeral arrangements with the mortician. Brother Ron was "ok" with the preplanning, but he didn't want to participate, and sister Michelle is still AWOL.

We have nearly everything done and paid for, save a few incidentals that we can't take care of until the day of the funeral, like pay the honorariums to the minister & musicians, etc. Rick & wife are going to print up the service programs & acknowledgement cards (they own a print shop), using Mom's high school picture on the front cover of the program, and if I have time, I would like to create a video or powerpoint presentation of Mom's life (if I can find enough pictures). I can't tell you how freeing that has been, to finally have everything completed so we won't feel so bogged down by details after Mom passes away.

My niece & her baby visited with Mom while we talked to the mortician, and Mom was sooo delighted to receive an unexpected visit, especially since it was during one of Ron's work days when she gets so lonely. We finished up all the paperwork in time to eat lunch with Mom, and as we were leaving, she told us we had "made her day". Ü

Just wanted to share these small praises with you...

No comments: