Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Today's math lesson.....13 x 3 (+ 10) = OLD!

Edited to add: Ooops, my bad....13 x 3 = THIRTY nine, not 49! Wow, guess old-timers disease is setting in too! LOL

I spent a fairly quiet 49th birthday today at home with the kids. This morning Jacob sent me an email of "The Birthday Song", Jamye & Jalyn sent me humorous ecards, and Janae bought me a very nice card and a book of Christian historical fiction, "Daughter of Joy", by Kathleen Morgan.

Jalyn actually sent me two ecards....one with a frog theme (of course), and one that said "Remember, age is just about numbers...", and on the inside, it said, "and in your case, it's a LARGE one!" haha She wrote in the message that it wasn't true, but she thought it was "cute", so she sent it anyway. lol In all honesty, at the young age of 13, she probably does see my age as a very large #.

Paul took the kids to pick up lunch at our brand-new Taco Bell, and when they got home with their food, I left to get Chinese take-out. Not that I don't care for Taco Bell, but after last week's visit to TB didn't stay down more than an hour or so, I'm not ready to "go there" again just yet. :>P

After lunch, in between reading chapters of Karen Kingsbury's newest book (Someday, 3rd in the Sunrise series), I also scoured the living room, the kitchen, our bedroom, and the bathroom, hoping to locate my debit card, which I was about 99.99% sure our light-fingered 5 yr old took off my desktop a couple of days ago. I don't normally keep anything remotely important on my desk, due to Jaden's tendency to nab anything that looks interesting (which is pretty much everything in his mind...lol), but I forgot to put my debit card back in my purse after I purchased something online Monday afternoon. And the next time I needed it, it was g-o-n-e, GONE!

I asked Jaden to help Mommy find her card, but being non-verbal, he just looked at me like I was insane and then went back to his cartoons. I made Jacob put away all their toys so I could at least see the floor in their room, but the card wasn't to be found. I was just hoping Jaden hadn't flushed it down the toilet.

Paul had just started to go through the trash can (where Jaden usually stashes his "found" loot) when I had a wild-hair thought to look in the boys' dirty-clothes hamper, and VOILA, my missing card was unearthed! Paul was thrilled that he could suspend his dumpster diving activities, at least until the next item goes missing. LOL

For supper the kids all had left-overs, then after they went to youth group, Paul & I had grilled ribeye steaks, baked potatoes w/lots of butter, and strawberry shortcake for dessert. Heaven! There's only one meal I would've liked better -- lobster dripping in butter -- but since no restaurant in our land-locked, one-horse town sells them, I was forced to "make do" with the next-best thing. Ü

Well, I guess that's all folks...nothing too spectacularly special, but it was still a nice, relaxing day with no basketball practice, no games, no dr or therapy appts, no ER or hospital visits, no parent/teacher conference, etc etc etc, so all in all, I can honestly say I enjoyed my very last 40-something birthday.

TaTa!

1 comment:

Char said...

Hi Patrice!

Got your invite just fine.

My blog addy is:

http://heartsonghorses.blogspot.com/

Loved this last post.

Happy (belated) birthday!

Are we getting old or what???

Love ya girlie!

Char