Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles!

The Lord answered your/my prayers for my mother in a mighty way! I was able to be with my mom & brother during her dr appt this morning, and when the doc told Mom he wanted to hospitalize her for a few days, then transfer her to the hospital's nursing home swing bed unit, neither she nor my brother objected. This was a HUGE miracle! In the past, if one of us ever dared to mention the words "nursing home" in the same sentence as "mom", Ron would blow up and say, "Over my dead body!" So for him to actually agree to this plan can only be an answer to prayer. I think it helped immensely that the doc was sensitive to not give Ron the impression that he wasn't doing a good job taking care of her, it was just that Mom needs more specialized care than what he would be able to provide at home.

Mom told the doc that she had always been very resistant to the idea of a nursing home, but she would do whatever he thought was best so she could get better. So, before she had time to change her mind (LOL), we got her admitted and tucked in her bed. They will be running lots of tests, then in a few days, they'll send her to the nursing home. The doc mentioned that it could take weeks or possibly even several months before she'll be strong enough to go back home, but Mom didn't bat an eye. (I realize she's so weak she doesn't have any fight in her right now, and when she starts feeling better that will probably change, but at least today went off without a huge scene.)

Thank you Lord!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Glad to hear that things went well! Beyond what you'd imagined I'd guess. Isn't God great? And I don't think your blog is boring either LOL!! I just saw that comment on ROA and I just love following along with people's journey. Thanks for sharing yours with me!